– Hunter Valley is the wine region in Australia.
– Most wineries offer free tastings and there are over 140 to choose from.
– The next major and second largest city on the East Coast in Newcastle. However there are a few towns that we could stop off at along the way such as Gosford, Terrigal for beaches or Lake Macquarie for one of the largest lakes.
– Enjoy some window shopping along the ‘funky’ streets of Darby St.
– Christ Church Cathedral is what dominates the skyline. Has a stained glass windows designed by Edward Burne Jones and William Morris.
– Lock Up. It used to be a prison but now is home to artists and had a contemporary art gallery within.
– Newcastle Museum. Free entry. Contains a fun presentation of the history of the city.